Friday, March 21, 2014

3-21-14


This week went by much too quick. My usual St. Patrick’s Day debauchery was definitely my last go-around at the level I have been trying to keep for the last several years. I am just too old and feel like I am missing out on a lot of the festivities with my family because I am too busy pounding down beers. I won’t do that again.

I did see the trashy good time that was 300: Rise of an Empire. Eva Green is tremendously over-the-top and the movie was made for her to steal. You can read my review here:

http://www.kyforward.com/2014/03/james-halcomb-300-rise-of-an-empire-isa-fabulous-mess-much-like-my-weekend/


I love COSMOS and think it is the best show currently on network TV. It is enlightening and sometimes very funny.


Reading and writing are my first loves and are becoming my primary focus. So if I am going to read, why not start with the “good” book. I have made several attempts to go from start to finish, but have been unsuccessful. It is now on my Kindle and I have set a goal for July 18th, my 40th birthday. When I get done with Genesis, I will put down some thoughts.


The other goal I have is concerning health and weight loss. I have a goal of 220 lbs by next St. Patrick’s Day, which is only approximately 20 lbs, but I also plan on getting in all around better shape by running in the Shamrock Shuffle 3K. I know I am surrounded by support in this effort.  Wish me luck!


Actually, more than anything today, I am looking forward to spending time with my family this week. My sister-in-law turned 30 this week; my father-in-law celebrates a 70th this weekend. The best part is that I am still not 40! HA! I am fighting it tooth and nail as you can plainly read.


This post is kind of a holding pattern. I have several pieces for www.kyforward.com I am working on and I like my new job. They are meshing together pretty well. I still hope someday I can leave the 9-5 behind for full time writing. I still suffer from “big dream syndrome”.  Maybe someday soon I push the right button and everything will fall into place. If not, well I still love typing my thoughts out. It is a groovy hobby.

 

Piece and hair grease….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment