Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Autographs Following the Q&A

It is fairly laughable that my favorite show on TV right now is ABC's Once Upon a Time. Nothing about this show should work, the premise is weak and unsustainable beyond this season, even the finale acknowledged that. The actors are not very strong, except for the always great Robert Carlyle as Mr. Gold/Rumplestilskin. I will be curious to see how this show will play itself out, how much money ABC is willing to fork out to keep interest strong.
 
     Tammy and I are selling our home, so I thought it would be a good idea to run through the books on my bookshelf that I have always "meant to read" but never got around to it, to clear it out.  I recently finished an old Mickey Spillane-Mike Hammer book, I do love that genre of books. They are just so non-apologetic about the image the portray. This is tough guy, action oriented, and yes, pretty masgonistic. Just pop your fedora and go with it. Currently, I am reading the sci-fi classic, CHILDHOOD'S END, by Arthur C. Clarke.
 
     Tammy and I just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this weekend by having lunch on My Old Kentucky Dinner Train in Bardstown. The scenery was nice, though the train does travel through suprisingly several residential neighborhoods. The trip and food are pricey, not undercut that it wasn't worth the price, you truly get what you pay for. A choo-choo for two is not to be missed. An experience that I can't reccomend enough.
 
     Recently watched Kevin Smith's indie flick, RED STATE. I admit this was a second viewing. My first attempt, I got about ten minutes in and it reminded me a bit too much of the SAW torture genre that is so prevelant. I gave it a second try after watching his Q&A session "Burn in Hell" about the making of the film and the ideas behind the film. The movie is spectacularly dark with a serious eye toward ultra-conservatism that is not for all tastes.
 
      Spending my Wednesday morning speaking to new Nurse Tech hires at UK about "life on the floor". Should be interesting, working on what I should sugar coat (don't want to scare them off), and how much I should talk about the  honest hard work that goes in to taking care of the every need of at least 5+ sick individuals. I wonder if I should hold an autograph session afterwards? 

No comments:

Post a Comment