Sunday, September 23, 2012

Life Disconnected

     Since my last post, I have restarted, then gave up facebook again. I find the political rantings of people who are not directly involved in my life (and even more so, of those who are), such a waste of brain usage that I just couldn't handle it anymore.

     I did realize that facebook "addiction" is real and kinda scary. I do feel strangely disconnected from the rest of the world. Disconnected and not "in the know' about the comings and goings of those around me. Strange how ten years ago, letters were written, phone calls were made. Life seem to happen at a less immediate pace. There was life documentation, pre-facebook, pre-twitter, pre-Myspace. Pictures, letters, notes, cards and most importantly, a phone call. There are people I used to connect with whose voices, I have truly forgotten the sound of because of lack of 1 to 1 connection.

     So yeah, if someone is truly interested in what is going on with me, they will have to pick up the phone, send at least a text, write me a note. I want to be a challenge. I want the life my family and I share to not just be another blip on the information superhighway, but something well documented, something well thought out. Making me take time for reflection about myself and what I see around me.

     I will continue to blog, with my four subscribers (Hell, my wife is not even a subscriber). Continue to talk about the things I love to read, listen to, and watch. Should the day come that I feel a need, I may spread the word about this page through methods other than my personal twitter feed and maybe word of mouth. For now, it is just me, writing. And no one really is looking. I like that.


TV SHOWS: http://www.nbc.com/revolution/ Revolution had a great first episode. Tammy was wondering how they will keep up that level of excitement every week. So am I.

Music: http://www.algreenmusic.com/ Tammy and I saw Al Green in concert this week. He was genuinely amazing to see and hear. His voice was lifting the roof off the place. Though he did think he was still in Lexington, when in fact we saw him at the EKU Center for the Arts in Richmond....

Movies: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072245/ TNT JACKSON was a Boys' Nite winner from last week. I cannot believe some of the bad karate action this movie sports. It is an 70's exploitation film at its finest, or worst.

Family pic: This is an old cute one, I haven't synced up my phone and blog yet.

Peace and hair grease to all...



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment